The Little Known Pardon Crucifix is a
Power House for the Holy Souls in Purgatory
By John Quinn
What is a Pardon Crucifix?It’s a thorn in Satan’s side, slammed in there by our good Pope St. Pius X. It is unclear why so few Catholics have ever heard about this sacramental. But, what is clear is that Satan absolutely hates it.
Because the Pardon Crucifix ranks up there with the the Miraculous Medal and the St. Benedict Medal. You see Pope St. Pius X used the keys to heaven to attach heavenly rich indulgences to it. And Satan hates powerful sacramentals. What does he do when he hates a devotion or sacramental which is so immersed with Divine graces?
He simply hides them. And the Pardon Crucifix has been hidden sometime after it was promulgated in 1905. Other examples 0f Satan’s dirty work include him literally hiding the Shroud of Turin (Jesus’ burial cloth), the true Cross and St. Philomena. How about how he perverts devotion to the Rosary, Miraculous Medal and Our Mother of Sorrows?
Yes, the Pardon Crucifix is beautiful; however, it is the words describing the indulgences / Divine graces that blow you away.
Pope St. Pius X, who granted these indulgences:
- Whoever carries on his person the Pardon Crucifix, may thereby gain an indulgence.
- For devoutly kissing the Crucifix, an indulgence is gained.
- Whoever says one of the following invocations before this crucifix may gain each time an indulgence: “Our Father who art in heaven, forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.” “I beg the Blessed Virgin Mary to pray to the Lord our God for me.”
- Whoever, habitually devout to this Crucifix, will fulfill the necessary conditions of Confession and Holy Communion, may gain a Plenary Indulgence on the following feasts: On the feasts of the Five Wounds of our Lord, the Invention of the Holy Cross, the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, the Immaculate Conception, and the Seven Dolors of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- Whoever at the moment of death, fortified with the Sacraments of the Church, or contrite of heart, in the supposition of being unable to receive them, will kiss this Crucifix and ask pardon of God for his sins, and pardon his neighbor, will gain a Plenary Indulgence.
And there is this: Pontifical Rescript of June 1905,
to M.M. the Abbes Lemann:
Prefect of the Sacred Congregation of Indulgences
To the faithful, who devoutly kiss this Crucifix and gain these precious indulgences, we recommend to have in view the following intentions: To testify love for Our Lord and the Blessed Virgin; gratitude towards our Holy Father, the Pope, to beg for the remission of one’s sins; the deliverance of the souls in Purgatory; the return of the nations to the Faith; forgiveness among Christians; reconciliation among members of the Catholic Church. By another Pontifical rescript of November 14 1905. His Holiness Pope Pius X, has declared that the Indulgence attached to the Pardon Crucifix are applicable to the souls in Purgatory.