Please watch this very moving film. H/T to Austin Ruse.
Recent 100+ Comments
Join the Rosary for Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI
People from all around the world
Are praying the Holy Rosary
For the intentions of
Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI
Writings of the Fathers
Follow us on Twitter!
- Pope Francis in hospital ‘with heart problems’ catholicismpure.wordpress.com/2023/03/29/pop… 17 hours ago
Join 2,058 other subscribers
- Pope Francis in hospital ‘with heart problems’ March 29, 2023
- An Eucharistic Miracle in Connecticut? March 29, 2023
- Why Do Heretics Remain in the Church? March 27, 2023
- Sunday Mass Readings March 25, 2023
- The Annunciation March 25, 2023
- The Dignity of the Priesthood Destroys the Idol of ‘Equality’ March 25, 2023
- God of Mercy and Compassion March 25, 2023
- Salutation to the Glory of Mary March 24, 2023
- The merit of crosses March 24, 2023
- Love Letters to the Latin Mass 3: First We Must Be Cleansed March 23, 2023
- The Anti-Language of Modernist Art March 22, 2023
- Two Poems to Welcome in the Spring March 21, 2023
- A Globalist Coup March 20, 2023
- St Joseph, Confessor, Spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary March 20, 2023
- Sunday Mass Readings March 18, 2023
- Wise Quotes from a Wise Pope March 18, 2023
- St Patrick, pray for Ireland, pray for us! March 17, 2023
- Ten Terrible Years of Pope Francis March 15, 2023
- The Mental Suffering of Our Lord in His Passion March 15, 2023
- The Francis Effect, Ten Years On March 14, 2023
Search posts by keywords
- 4,650,896 hits since 4th July 2010
- Padre Pio Never Cursed - Let Alone in the Confessional - But he did use Calculated Insults
- Pope Francis in hospital 'with heart problems'
- An Eucharistic Miracle in Connecticut?
- Interview with Bernard Janzen about Fr Malachi Martin's message for our times
- Mary Confirms the Shroud of Turin at Garabandal
- Why I Love You, O Mary! - a poem by St Thérèse of Lisieux
- The Martyrs of Nowogrodek - on 01. August 1943, 11 Catholic nuns were murdered by the Gestapo
- Our Lady of La Salette: A Fearful Warning and a Prophecy
- The Veil of St. Veronica
- Reflection for Palm Sunday of the Passion of the Lord, Year A
At about the 4:35 mark, Heath, the father (thinking in retrospect) says – “I’ve got genetically superior genes.”
This film was made many months later, after he’d come to understand the meaninglessness of that boast. His wife – now there’s a strong person – not a graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy like Heath, but far stronger than needed to withstand the pressure he exerted upon her to abort.
At the 8:50 mark, he’s seen with a Down Syndrome tattoo across his chest.
At the 10:15 mark, Heath says his fear is that someday someone will call Paisley retarded.
At the 12:50 mark, he says that he used to think “I don’t wan’t to take care of someone for the rest of my life”, but now – “Oh my goodness, I may not get to take care of her for the rest of her life.”
His close to final words at 13:30 – “Everything I’ve done, everything I’ve tried to accomplish, it was never going to be perfect, but…my love for Paisley is perfect.”
I only offer this transcription in case some are pressed for time. It’s a video worth watching.
yes, beautiful example of unconditional love.