What has to happen before the Spanish authorities become aware that their mission is to protect religious freedom? So far the perpetrators of these aggressions are being treated with impunity!
The latest victim was the Archbishop of Madrid, Cardinal Antonio Maria Rouco Varela, who was accosted and attacked by five bare-breasted women (from the militant group FEMEN) screaming “abortion is sacred” as the Cardinal entered the Church of St. Justo and Pastor last night to celebrate Mass.
This is a brief list of the attacks Catholic believers have suffered in Spain in just the last month:
- Desecration of the Church of San Félix, in Sabadell (Barcelona) by angry feminists, who stormed in shouting and holding up pro-abortion placards to disrupt Midnight Mass taking place at the time.
- Painted abuse to the Virgin Mary in the hostel in Vigo for people in need, run by nuns.
- Schools and churches attacked with graffiti, desecration and sabotage in various parts of Spain.
- Attempts to burn the church of Santa Marina, Seville.
- Reports of the Young Socialists against Bishop Reig Pla for doing no more than publicly defending the Doctrine of the Church.
- Bishop Sebastian attacked for defending the Christian view of marriage, family and life.
- The authors of the bombing of the Basilica del Pilar publicly threaten believers, their Catholic churches and their representatives.
These sort of attacks are occurring with ever greater frequency in Spain since the reform of the law to limit abortion was passed by the Spanish Government of Mariano Rajoy.