From ‘Catholic Memes’
Recent 100+ Comments
Join the Rosary for Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI
People from all around the world
Are praying the Holy Rosary
For the intentions of
Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI
Writings of the Fathers
Follow us on Twitter!Tweets by CatholicismPure
Join 2,054 other subscribers
- Saint Joan of Arc, pray for us! May 30, 2023
- Thousands Visit Sister Wilhelmina’s Incorrupt Body in Missouri May 29, 2023
- Every Truth is from the Holy Spirit May 29, 2023
- Sunday Mass Readings May 27, 2023
- St Philip Neri, Confessor May 26, 2023
- The Condemnations of Paris and the Christian origins of modern science May 26, 2023
- Bede’s Death Song May 25, 2023
- Iraqi Christians Struggle to Survive and Thrive 20 Years After ‘Operation Iraqi Freedom’ May 25, 2023
- Do Not Waste Your Suffering May 24, 2023
- A Record-breaking Number of Participants Planning to go on the 2023 Paris to Chartres Pilgrimage May 23, 2023
- Love Letters to the Latin Mass 5: Incense and Bells May 22, 2023
- Sunday Mass Readings May 21, 2023
- Moral theologian: Benedict XVI called gender ideology ‘the ultimate rebellion against God’ May 19, 2023
- Feast of the Ascension May 18, 2023
- Celibacy and the Priesthood May 15, 2023
- King Charles’ Coronation – Sign of England’s Return to the Faith | St. Dominic Savio’s Vision of UK May 15, 2023
- Sunday Mass Readings May 13, 2023
- Pope Francis belittles devotion to the Latin Mass as a ‘nostalgic disease’ during Jesuit meeting May 13, 2023
- The Impact of Fatima is Still Being Felt Today May 13, 2023
- Overcoming the crisis – with Bishop Vitus Huonder May 11, 2023
Search posts by keywords
- 4,671,735 hits since 4th July 2010
- Saint Joan of Arc, pray for us!
- Padre Pio Never Cursed - Let Alone in the Confessional - But he did use Calculated Insults
- Our Lady of La Salette: A Fearful Warning and a Prophecy
- Graces abound when we pray the Memorare
- The Story of Saint Patrick and the Shamrock as a Teaching Symbol of the Trinity
- Venerable Fulton Sheen: The Visitation.
- When Did the 100-Year Reign of Satan Begin?
- Padre Pio, G.K.Chesterton and - women who wear trousers!!
- Our Lady of Heede
- Thousands Visit Sister Wilhelmina’s Incorrupt Body in Missouri
“What I actually am”
..Well past your sell date, from the look of those snowy heads.
Well Toad, that might be so in some parishes in Europe or North America, but there are plenty of exceptions. Anyone over 35 who walks on the Chartres pilgrimage might feel ‘old’ when surrounded by literally thousands of youngsters at the beautiful Traditional Latin Mass celebrated those 3/4 days. “Snowy heads” could be counted on the fingers of the hand there!
GC has often mentioned how in other countries (and continents) the Church is packed with young people. We have an ageing population in Europe and N.America with our plunging birthrates.
On another note, it isn’t really necessary to say “Roman Catholic” – just “Catholic” is enough. There is only One Catholic Church. You are either Catholic (or Orthodox) – in direct Apostolic succession of the Church Jesus founded – or you are Protestant (breakaway Christians that do not hold the fullness of Truth.)
The term “Anglo-Catholic” is an oxymoron. You can’t be both Anglican and Catholic at the same time. The Anglican church is the one formed by Henry VIII who rebelled against the True Faith, so how can some Anglicans logically call themselves that?
As always, Kathleen, your logic is impeccable.
…And there are few heads still attached to their shoulders that are snowier than Toad’s.
…And I remember being told, as a toadpole, that “Roman” in that context – was an implied insult.
…And it has always seemed to me that the term “Catholic” itself was oxymoronic – at least in the days before the continents of America and Australasia were discovered, and most of Asia and all of Sub-Saharan Africa were black holes on the European map.
But no doubt I’m wrong.
On reflection, I’m incorrect in calling “Catholicism” an oxymoron.
I meant “misnomer.”