This profoundly sincere and moving video is the testimony of Father Anthony Mary, a priest of the Sons of the Most Holy Redeemer, the traditional ‘Transalpine Redemptorists’ based on Papa Stronsay (in the northern Scottish islands of the Orkneys) on his silver jubilee in the Holy Priesthood. The Transalpine Redemptorists also have an apostolate in Christ Church, New Zealand, where Fr Anthony is currently based.
Recent 100+ Comments
Join the Rosary for Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI
People from all around the world
Are praying the Holy Rosary
For the intentions of
Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI
Writings of the Fathers
Follow us on Twitter!Tweets by CatholicismPure
Join 2,052 other subscribers
- French ‘backpack hero’ says his faith gave him strength to fight knifeman June 9, 2023
- Nine Proofs of the True Presence of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament June 8, 2023
- O Sacrament Most Holy June 8, 2023
- In the “Our Father” the perfection of prayer is found June 6, 2023
- Mistranslation of The Fatima Rosary Prayer? June 6, 2023
- Sunday Mass Readings June 3, 2023
- Sacred Heart: Love that Crushes Evil June 2, 2023
- Mission to London June 1, 2023
- Saint Joan of Arc, pray for us! May 30, 2023
- Thousands Visit Sister Wilhelmina’s Incorrupt Body in Missouri May 29, 2023
- Every Truth is from the Holy Spirit May 29, 2023
- Sunday Mass Readings May 27, 2023
- St Philip Neri, Confessor May 26, 2023
- The Condemnations of Paris and the Christian origins of modern science May 26, 2023
- Bede’s Death Song May 25, 2023
- Iraqi Christians Struggle to Survive and Thrive 20 Years After ‘Operation Iraqi Freedom’ May 25, 2023
- Do Not Waste Your Suffering May 24, 2023
- A Record-breaking Number of Participants Planning to go on the 2023 Paris to Chartres Pilgrimage May 23, 2023
- Love Letters to the Latin Mass 5: Incense and Bells May 22, 2023
- Sunday Mass Readings May 21, 2023
Search posts by keywords
- 4,674,697 hits since 4th July 2010
- Nine Proofs of the True Presence of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament
- French 'backpack hero' says his faith gave him strength to fight knifeman
- Padre Pio Never Cursed - Let Alone in the Confessional - But he did use Calculated Insults
- Our Lady of La Salette: A Fearful Warning and a Prophecy
- Mother Miriam: Catholics who support LGBT movement are ‘on the way to hell’
- Vatican Prohibition on Medjugorje Overturned by Pope Francis
- O Sacrament Most Holy
- In the “Our Father” the perfection of prayer is found
- Fraud : Sister Lucy I (Pre-1958) and Sister Lucy II (Post-1958) are Definitely NOT the Same Person.
- King Charles' Coronation - Sign of England's Return to the Faith | St. Dominic Savio's Vision of UK
A very good video about a very good man. What he says about saying Mass and wearing the habit is important and true – and impressive and moving.
The Transalpine Redemptorists were granted canonical recognition under Pope Benedict XVI, and one hopes the group can survive the ravages of Bergoglio’s pontificate.
Yes, RJB, Fr Anthony Mary’s mention of the important witness in a priest wearing the habit struck a chord with me too. The habit identifies the priest or religious among men, often (as in the case Father relates in the video) acting as a haven for a soul searching for spiritual assistance. It is sad so few diocesan priests where I live no longer wear a habit outside the church, and often even discard the wearing of an identifying Roman collar. How many blessings and graces must have been lost by this omission!
Other outstanding moments demonstrated so vividly in the video are those of the sublime beauty and reverence in every detail at the celebration of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. No wonder he says this is of the greatest importance and what makes up about 90% of a priest’s life (if I remember correctly.)
How wonderful that his dear mother’s prayers were answered, and she was able to have her priest son at her bedside as she drew her last breath! “Ask, and it shall be given unto you…”
The Priest are separate from the world. They have been called from out of the world to serve Our Lord.
All Priests and Religious, men and women,should love, respect, and devoutly care for their Sacred Habits. And even if, as the popular phrase goes, the habit does not make the monk, We teach that the habit helps the monk. On the one hand, it keeps him from entering a place where he ought not to be; on the other, it helps him to live a spiritual life. Above all it helps the virtue of chastity. Moreover it helps the faithful to recognize who those are, who, although taken from the world, are separated from the world