There was a timely post on Father Z’s blog a few days ago dealing with the dispute of President Trump’s newly-signed restrictions on mass immigration of citizens coming from seven Islamic nations into the States, and the ongoing furore the liberal crowds (that include many homegrown Muslims, both here and abroad) are making about this. It was being asked whether this is a political or a religious question. Fr Z happened to be at Denver airport where (he says):
“Outside the doors of the international arrivals area, but inside the terminal, there were, I am no making this up, Quakers and Muslims with anti-Trump, pro-Islam signs.
As far as I can tell from my reading, Pres. Trump’s (I want to repeat that for the Fishwrap – PRESIDENT Trump’s) policy isn’t about religion. It’s about the association of certain countries with terrorism.“
Couldn’t be clearer! Fr Z goes on to link to some of the threats Americans would be exposing themselves to in opening the doors wide to Muslim (so-called) refugees, with a few examples of typical every day Islamic atrocities. Allowing all and sundry to flood into the U.S., even if only a small percentage of these migrants have had contact with Islamic extremist positions, would be ultimately suicidal. (Another fact to bear in mind is, the most genuine cases of refugee asylum seekers would undoubtedly be the Christians fleeing majority Muslim countries who are being doubly persecuted!)
Do these anti-Trump demonstrators have any real idea what they are screaming for? In a Pollyanna notion that they are defending democratic ideals where people of all ideologies can live in perfect harmony, these (N.B.) violent protesters are calling for an unrestricted invasion of members of the most intolerant of the human race. Even the secular media often reluctantly reports on the unremitting Christian genocide taking place in many parts of the world today. Is this what the ‘Pollyanna’ demonstrators want to import into the West? Have the dozens of vicious terrorist attacks committed in Western nations, just in this century alone, that have caused the death or horrific injuries to thousands of innocent victims, not taught us anything?
There was a frank and most perceptive comment on this post of Father Z from someone with the moniker of, YoungLatinMassGuy. Due to the tendency of comments getting overlooked and (in the case of Fr Z’s blog) buried under such a profusion of them, we shall reprint it here in full for our readers:
“If this is about religion… FANTASTIC!!!
Let’s make this about religion!!! I’m ready to go on TV right now and make the case against muhammed, and the fake death-cult he founded, islam!
NOTA BENE I do not care about muslims. One muslim can be and is totally different from the next. One muslim can be the nicest, kindest human being you’ll ever meet and would be horrified if they were faced with the truth of muhammed, and another muslim can be raping his newly-purchased Yazidid sex-slave, and know exactly what muhammed taught and be 100% okay with those teachings. My criticisms are only with the religion of islam, which is a philosophical system, and muhammed, an historical figure and the founder of islam, both of which are not classified as a “race” and both of which are open to criticism, and criticism of both does not make me a racist, anymore than me criticizing the Katana Sword from Japan makes me a racist against all Japanese people.
Here are some reasons to ban islam from America:
1. muhammed is “the perfect man” in islam, “Al-Ins?n al-K?mil.” The argument “muhammed was a man of his time and not everything he did is applicable for today.” does not work. muhammed’s example is the gold standard for islam and muslim behavior ordained by allah himself, and is therefore open to criticism, along with the doctrines of his religion.
2. muhammed had sex with a nine year old girl, Aisha.
3. muhammed had up to 800 men and boys who had surrendered beheaded.
4. muhmmed raped his sex-slaves and allowed his thugs to do likewise.
5. muhammed tortured the men of those sex-slaves to death.
6. muhammed is quoted as saying: “I have been made victorious through terror.”
7. muhammed ordered the executions of gay and lesbian people.
8. muhammed had his critics assassinated.
9. In islam, non-muslims, kafir (Arabic plural: kafirun) are semi-slaves, the lowest thing in creation quran: 37:18, 33:60, 23:97.
10. In the quran us kafirs are to be mocked (quran 83:34).
11. In the quran us kafirs can be beheaded (quran 47:4).
12. In the quran us kafirs can be terrorized (quran 8:12).
13. muslims are not to take kafirs as friends (quran 3:28).
The points about the religion of islam and muhammed as well go on and on, and you get the drift. islam is totally opposed to the US Constitution and our entire way of life.”
“But if any man have not care of his own, and specially his own household, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel” (1 Timothy 5:8).
We now hear that federal judge, James Robart, has overruled President Trump’s ban, and has given orders to allow migrants from the seven high-risk Muslim nations into the U.S. However, Trump vows to restore the suspended travel ban.