We were surprised to discover that this fine young priest, Fr Mark Goring, who has recently erupted with great success on Catholic media due to his strong clear defence of Catholic orthodoxy, had never attended a Traditional Latin Mass before. In this short video he gives his felicitous impressions on discovering for himself the deep mystery and reverence of the holy Latin Mass.
Recent 100+ Comments
Join the Rosary for Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI
People from all around the world
Are praying the Holy Rosary
For the intentions of
Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI
Writings of the Fathers
Follow us on Twitter!Tweets by CatholicismPure
Join 2,054 other subscribers
- Mission to London June 1, 2023
- Saint Joan of Arc, pray for us! May 30, 2023
- Thousands Visit Sister Wilhelmina’s Incorrupt Body in Missouri May 29, 2023
- Every Truth is from the Holy Spirit May 29, 2023
- Sunday Mass Readings May 27, 2023
- St Philip Neri, Confessor May 26, 2023
- The Condemnations of Paris and the Christian origins of modern science May 26, 2023
- Bede’s Death Song May 25, 2023
- Iraqi Christians Struggle to Survive and Thrive 20 Years After ‘Operation Iraqi Freedom’ May 25, 2023
- Do Not Waste Your Suffering May 24, 2023
- A Record-breaking Number of Participants Planning to go on the 2023 Paris to Chartres Pilgrimage May 23, 2023
- Love Letters to the Latin Mass 5: Incense and Bells May 22, 2023
- Sunday Mass Readings May 21, 2023
- Moral theologian: Benedict XVI called gender ideology ‘the ultimate rebellion against God’ May 19, 2023
- Feast of the Ascension May 18, 2023
- Celibacy and the Priesthood May 15, 2023
- King Charles’ Coronation – Sign of England’s Return to the Faith | St. Dominic Savio’s Vision of UK May 15, 2023
- Sunday Mass Readings May 13, 2023
- Pope Francis belittles devotion to the Latin Mass as a ‘nostalgic disease’ during Jesuit meeting May 13, 2023
- The Impact of Fatima is Still Being Felt Today May 13, 2023
Search posts by keywords
- 4,672,098 hits since 4th July 2010
- Padre Pio Never Cursed - Let Alone in the Confessional - But he did use Calculated Insults
- Mission to London
- Garabandal - Rumblings of the Warning: A Pope, a Synod, and a Trip to Moscow
- Padre Pio, G.K.Chesterton and - women who wear trousers!!
- Why I Love You, O Mary! - a poem by St Thérèse of Lisieux
- St. Christina (the Astonishing!) - July 24th
- Still Falls the Rain
- Catholic vs. Orthodox vs. Protestant: How to Tell the Difference, in 10 Hilarious Memes
- Prophecies By Visionaries Who Foresaw Today's Crisis in the Church
- Pope Francis Has Fully Regularized the SSPX - James Bogle
That was a refreshing viewpoint. I love the FSSP myself and of course, the TLM. I was wondering where I might write to him? Does he have a blog or just a YouTube channel? I have seen several before but I like discussing them afterwards. In this case I want to write to him. Thanks for any info.
YouTube channel. He lives in Texas. Not sure that’s information I can give out. But when he was developing the St Joseph Battalion, he did give out his address. Watch his most recent YouTubes and you may see his address. He tried starting it about a month ago, but his superior told him to “Cease and Desist’ .
Thanks Mary! I just wanted to tell him to take home a Latin Missal to study. For me, the language of the Lain Mass and it’s perfect formation and structure held so much beauty, wisdom and were so perfectly based on Scripture, that I felt instantly drawn in. I kept asking why did they ever change it?? It was perfect the way it was. Add the experience within and you have as close to heaven on this earth as anything. I just wanted to encourage him to take time to read the English alongside the Latin, in the Missal. It is just so beautiful.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I checked his YouTube and another site said those YouTubes were scrubbed. I’m not sure who did that – him, his superior, or YouTube monitors. 😞 He is also a charismatic, from Canada, and order called the Companions of Christ. He is quite succinct in his YouTubes, love his sincerity, honesty and humility and he picks great topics. He may be able to purchase an early ’60s Roman Missal; unless there is a company that prints a Latin translation now. It’s definitely coming back. Not all priests are on board, unfortunately.
Yes I have watched a couple of other videos previously. To me he seems on fire with the Holy Spirit. Naturally that might be wrong as I know little about him personally and I hesitate as some charismatic personalities have drawn people and sounded good but were later found to be quite unholy. So what he says is sound, seems focused on the right things and delivers the message in a charismatic way, as you said. Sincerity, honesty and humility as you have mentioned are fruits of the Holy Spirit that’s for sure. And clearly he had Faith.
I know what you’re saying about charismatics. He has said he has had this since he was 16, now he’s in his late 30’s; so I’m guessing he’s pretty solid. He has said he has been making videos for over 3 years. I enjoy his enthusiasm and innocence. He has confessed his young adult life was not very desirable. Of course, we don’t know what his congregation actually thinks of him either. I’m guessing most like and follow him.
I don’t mind charismatic “personalities” but as far as the Charismatic Movement goes, I’m not convinced at all by the vast majority. There’s too much emotionalism and sensationalism stirred up at will mistaken for the actual Holy Spirit. Some, of course, are deeply spiritual however and simply live by the Holy Spirit. It sounds like, from what you have said, he is one of those types of which we have nothing to fear and much to gain, by listening, opening our hearts and praying deeply in response. God bless Him and make Him a priest which pleases Our Beloved Saviour in every way God chooses to use Him.
Correct. Unless “the power” went to his head, I’m guessing not only would his superiors hold him back but he would recognize it also and reign himself in.
Is there anyone who still doubts that The Enemy has well and truly infiltrated the hierarchy of the Holy Bride of Christ, and now walks unchallenged “the corridors of the Vatican”?
Here below is the video where Fr Mark Goring tells how his superiors told him to “cease and desist” (just as Mary Salmond mentions in a comment above). IOW, to “cease and desist” telling the Truth that will “set men free”!
And this is the pertinent comment made on the “Les Femmes” blog:
”This makes abundantly clear exactly why we are in the mess we’re in. Like the Facebook meme says, “Holiness gets you exiled. Gay advocacy gets you promoted.” Exactly! And that’s why Fr. James Martin, S.J. is allowed to continue being a change agent for the homosexual agenda while Fr. Mark Goring is being muzzled. Pray for both these men. One is faced with persecution. The other is teetering on the brink of the fiery pit. Fr. Goring has the better deal, one that makes saints. Fr. Martin? Pray for his conversion! Viva Cristo Rey!”
Not good stuff! Fr John Hollowell who is a YouTube priest just interviewed with Dr Taylor Marshall about the priesthood (yesterday). Excellent interview. Fr said his bishop backed him up. But I wonder how long that will last. He is also young, straightforward, and masculine, so I hope he can continue! He gives very eloquent sermons on the readings, but will continue to keep his 2 parishes informed on the scandals. Yes, we must pray for those who will speak out, without fear!😱
I found and eventually listened to that really excellent interview of Dr Taylor Marshall with Fr John Hollowell. It is very encouraging to hear a good priest talk like this. Thanks for telling us about it. HERE is the link for anyone else who might be interested.
Thanks..if I’m on a laptop I can’t copy and paste the link. I’ve listened to his response to the scandal in an August sermon, he is good! And yes, there is real hope in our priests mostly in the age range if 30- 45. I am hopeful. Very hopeful; maybe one will make it to the papacy and clean the slate for real!!! ☺
LikeLiked by 1 person
Kathleen: Fr Mark Goring is no longer on YouTube at all. Enrique Crosby has taken up his banner but doesn’t have contact with him, as far as I can tell. It is so sad to lose his talent. However, there is Fr John Hollowell who is doing an excellent job of teaching his parish in Indiana (I think). His sermons are good.
He had a great interview with Dr Taylor Marshall.
Kathleen: Fr Mark Goring is back on YouTube. He got a warm welcome from his viewers.
Thanks for this piece of good news, Mary. Hearing this I looked up and watched a couple of Father’s latest YouTube videos. He is doing a series on St Catherine of Siena at present. Hopefully he’ll soon tell us more about his discovery of the Traditional Latin Mass.
Yes, his series is good. I thought he already did a podcast on the TLM, you might search that. I enjoy his personal fervor in his presentations. He is so sincere. Just glad he is back!
Kathleen: you also would like Fr John Hollowell’s podcast. He has meaty sermons, many on the Sensus Fidelium site. He has one of a woman’s testmony as an abortion provider – very telling.