|Mother Mariana de Jesús Torres, a 16th-century Spanish nun living in Quito, Ecuador, received apparitions of “Our Lady of Good Success” (or “of the Good Event”) between 1594 and 1634.|
The apparitions in Quito have become famous in recent decades because of a large number of prophecies concerning a crisis in the Church occurring in the 20th century. Here are the themes developed in these prophecies:
– The light of faith will be almost extinguished in the 20th century.
– The sacrament of marriage will be attacked; the era will be characterized by unbridled lust, an almost total corruption of morals.
– The devil will also attack the innocence of children.
– There will be a crisis in religious communities and depraved priests will scandalize the Christian people.
– Profanations of the Blessed Sacrament will happen regularly.
– After Satan’s apparent triumph, the Blessed Virgin will destroy the pride of the Evil One, who will be chained.
The messages prophesy that the current period of catastrophe will be followed by a period of restoration.
On 8 December 1634, the apparition predicted that papal infallibility “will be declared a dogma of the Faith by the same Pope chosen to proclaim the dogma of the Mystery of My Immaculate Conception.” In 1854, Pope Pius IX defined the dogma of the Immaculate Conception, and in 1870, he declared the dogma of papal infallibility as defined by the First Vatican Council.
The position of the Church:
During Mother Mariana’s lifetime, Bishop Salvador de Ribera de Quito consecrated the statue of the Madonna in the Church of the Immaculate Conception on February 2, 1611. Devotion to Our Lady of Good Success and the apparitions were also supported by his successor, Pedro de Oviedo, bishop from 1630 to 1646. In 1906, Mother Mariana’s body was exhumed and found intact, 271 years after her death. Her beatification process was opened in 1986, and the Convent of the Immaculate Conception in Quito was turned into a Marian shrine.
David O'Neill on ASK FATHER Z: Does the SSPX “e… kathleen on Feast of Saint Edmund Campion… Love Alone on Feast of Saint Edmund Campion… Mary Salmond on “We Have Found the Messiah!” F… Alex Antunes on Sunday Readings and Refle… Robert John Bennett on Sunday Readings and Refle… Love Alone on Our Lady of Kibeho’s Messages… kathleen on Christian Martyrdom in our… kathleen on Christian Martyrdom in our… RemnantchildofMary on Child Saints as Role Models fo… Mary Anne on De Mattei: The Safest Vaccine… RemnantchildofMary on De Mattei: The Safest Vaccine… Lawrence Morra on Thanksgiving in the Words of S… Love Alone on Christian Martyrdom in our… carlos10101 on Christian Martyrdom in our…
Join the Rosary for Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI
- ASK FATHER Z: Does the SSPX “exercise legitimate ministries” or not? December 2, 2020
- St Edmund Campion’s Martyrdom December 1, 2020
- Feast of Saint Edmund Campion (1st December) December 1, 2020
- “We Have Found the Messiah!” Feast of Saint Andrew, Apostle and Martyr November 30, 2020
- Sunday Readings and Reflections November 29, 2020
- “The Threefold Coming of Christ” November 28, 2020
- Our Lady of Kibeho’s Messages Concern the Whole World November 28, 2020
- De Mattei: The Safest Vaccine Against The Coronavirus November 27, 2020
- Christian Martyrdom in our Times November 27, 2020
- Thanksgiving in the Words of St Catherine of Sienna November 26, 2020
- Give us the Son of the Father November 26, 2020
- Graces abound when we pray the Memorare November 25, 2020
- Learning the Four Last Things with Dante Alighieri November 24, 2020
- A Holy Soul Comes to the Rescue of its Benefactor November 23, 2020
- Are We Living In The End Times? November 23, 2020
- Sunday Readings and Reflections November 22, 2020
- November 21: The Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the Temple November 21, 2020
- Top Catholic Bishop Slams Joe Biden: He Would Promote Abortions Up to Birth at Taxpayer Expense November 21, 2020
- Antonio Socci: Benedict XVI Warns of a New Totalitarianism November 20, 2020
- A Devotion to Defend Against ‘Revolutionary Men’ November 19, 2020
Search posts by keywords
- 4,119,459 hits since 4th July 2010
- Prophecies By Visionaries Who Foresaw Today's Crisis in the Church
- Feast of Saint Edmund Campion (1st December)
- Open letter sent to President Donald Trump by Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò
- Amazing Discovery Found Deep Down in the Indian Ocean: Large Statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- St Edmund Campion’s Martyrdom
- ASK FATHER Z: Does the SSPX “exercise legitimate ministries” or not?
- "I Am the Immaculate Conception", Our Lady told St. Bernadette
- Our Lady of La Salette: A Fearful Warning and a Prophecy
- The Pardon Crucifix
- When Did the 100-Year Reign of Satan Begin?