- "Whatever You Can Do to Stop Communion in the Hand Will be Blessed by God"
- Irish Catholicis Organize 'Rosary On The Coast For Life And Faith'
- Why Women Wear Mantillas In Church
- Christus Vincit, Christus Regnat, Christus Imperat
- Freemasonry in the Church? The Saint Who Founded a Movement to Combat it.
- A Temple More Sacred than the Temple of Jerusalem
- The Remnant interviews Bishop Athanasius Schneider
- "The Twelve Days of Christmas" carol - the hidden meaning.
- Biblical Reflection for the 34th Sunday in Ordinary Time A, Christ the King.
- 10 Quotes That Will Change the Way You Attend Holy Mass
Papal Prayer Intentions 2017
Join the Rosary for Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI
- A Temple More Sacred than the Temple of Jerusalem November 21, 2017
- “Whatever You Can Do to Stop Communion in the Hand Will be Blessed by God” November 21, 2017
- The Remnant interviews Bishop Athanasius Schneider November 21, 2017
- Freemasonry in the Church? The Saint Who Founded a Movement to Combat it. November 20, 2017
- Reflection for the 33rd Sunday of Ordinary Time November 19, 2017
- From Casuistry to ‘Mercy’: Toward a New Art of Pleasing? November 18, 2017
- How Long Do Souls Remain In Purgatory? (Three Videos) November 17, 2017
- Now is the time for a “Third Spring” in England November 16, 2017
- Our Lady of the Gate of Dawn November 16, 2017
- Cunctarum Haeresum Interemptri November 15, 2017
- Cardinal Burke makes ‘final plea’ for clarity to Pope Francis on dubia anniversary November 14, 2017
- Vatican II: Revolution Under the Guise of Reform November 14, 2017
- Did Saint Francis Predict Pope Francis? November 14, 2017
- Life in Hidden Light: A Video Inside a Cloistered Convent November 13, 2017
- On Pastoral Fear November 13, 2017
- Reflection for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time November 12, 2017
- “Inter-communion is not allowed between Catholics and non-Catholics”: Card. Sarah November 11, 2017
- The Truth About the Shroud of Turin November 10, 2017
- Superstition, Dissent, and Scandal? A brief defence of Fr. Thomas Weinandy November 10, 2017
- Feast of the Dedication of the Lateran Basilica in Rome November 9, 2017
Search posts by keywords
- 2,773,134 hits since 4th July 2010
Category Archives: Ecumenism
St Edmund Campion: insufficiently ecumenical William Oddie has some firm things to say about the latest baffling statements to come from ARCIC* In an interview with the Church of Ireland Gazette (which the Telegraph picked up), Archbishop Longley referred to … Continue reading
Scenes from last year’s pilgrimage This Saturday, 19th October, is the Latin Mass Society’s Oxford Pilgrimage in honour of Oxford’s Catholic Martyrs. For more details please see Dr Shaw’s piece here.
This is a short film my teenage son put together as a sort of personal tribute to our beloved Pope Emeritus.
Heiromonk Seraphim Rose “Atheism, true ‘existential’ atheism burning with hatred of a seemingly unjust or unmerciful God, is a spiritual state; it is a real attempt to grapple with the true God Whose ways are so inexplicable even to the … Continue reading
In amongst our comments, JabbaPappa reports: Le Figaro – “Rome and Écône on the verge of reaching an agreement” From major French daily Le Figaro, in an article signed by its main religion correspondent, Jean-Marie Guénois: Rome and Écône on … Continue reading
The Thirsty Gargoyle has a rather excellent article about poor old Prof Dawkins’ faux-pas on the BBC on Monday morning. “Careful with that petard old chap…”
From the website of the Diocese of Shrewsbury: Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O’Connor has encouraged the Christians of Cheshire to strive for closer unity through prayer and grass roots initiatives. Speaking during a service of unity at Chester Cathedral on Sunday January … Continue reading
Religions Key to Peace Movements Join Curia in Promoting Pilgrimage ROME, (Zenit.org).- The president of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace is joining his voice to those who have clarified Benedict XVI’s hopes for the October meeting in Assisi, … Continue reading
CLICK ABOVE TO VIEW IN FULL (PDF) NB: You can always view more pamphlets on a broad range of Catholic topics by clicking here (after which, click on the title of the post and then click on the cover)
COMMUNIQUÉ OF THE PONTIFICAL COUNCIL FOR PROMOTING CHRISTIAN UNITY: DIALOGUE BETWEEN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH AND THE ANGLICAN COMMUNION (ARCIC III) The Anglican – Roman Catholic International Commission has completed the first meeting of its new phase (ARCIC III) at the Monastery … Continue reading
Pope: Ecumenical Pessimism Is Lack of Trust in God – Holy Spirit’s Power Shouldn’t Be Underestimated
This may seem out of date now, but it provides a nice counterpoint to Raven’s post from this morning: (H/T to Teresa) ROME, JAN. 25, 2010 (Zenit.org).- Though Christians are still far from the unity that Jesus prayed for at … Continue reading
In England and Wales this year the numbers of participants in the rite of election were swelled by members of various Ordinariate groups as they set out on their journey from the Anglican communion to unity with the See of … Continue reading
BEGINNING OF WEEK OF PRAYER FOR CHRISTIAN UNITY VATICAN CITY, 18 JAN 2011 (VIS) – The Week of Prayer for Christian Unity, traditionally celebrated every year from 18 to 25 January, begins today. The theme chosen for 2011 is: … Continue reading
The last Assisi ‘gathering’ in 1986, when a statue of Bhudda was placed over the tabernacle, and subsequently ‘incensed’ by Bhuddist monks, was, with the benefit of hindsight, considered to have been an unmitigated disaster in ecumenism – at least … Continue reading