Recent 100+ Comments
Join the Rosary for Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI
People from all around the world
Are praying the Holy Rosary
For the intentions of
Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI
Writings of the Fathers
Follow us on Twitter!
- Purgatory: The Attractive Impulse of His Burning Love catholicismpure.wordpress.com/2023/03/30/pur… 1 day ago
Join 2,057 other subscribers
- Purgatory: The Attractive Impulse of His Burning Love March 30, 2023
- Pope Francis in hospital ‘with heart problems’ March 29, 2023
- An Eucharistic Miracle in Connecticut? March 29, 2023
- Why Do Heretics Remain in the Church? March 27, 2023
- Sunday Mass Readings March 25, 2023
- The Annunciation March 25, 2023
- The Dignity of the Priesthood Destroys the Idol of ‘Equality’ March 25, 2023
- God of Mercy and Compassion March 25, 2023
- Salutation to the Glory of Mary March 24, 2023
- The merit of crosses March 24, 2023
- Love Letters to the Latin Mass 3: First We Must Be Cleansed March 23, 2023
- The Anti-Language of Modernist Art March 22, 2023
- Two Poems to Welcome in the Spring March 21, 2023
- A Globalist Coup March 20, 2023
- St Joseph, Confessor, Spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary March 20, 2023
- Sunday Mass Readings March 18, 2023
- Wise Quotes from a Wise Pope March 18, 2023
- St Patrick, pray for Ireland, pray for us! March 17, 2023
- Ten Terrible Years of Pope Francis March 15, 2023
- The Mental Suffering of Our Lord in His Passion March 15, 2023
Search posts by keywords
- 4,651,390 hits since 4th July 2010
- Padre Pio Never Cursed - Let Alone in the Confessional - But he did use Calculated Insults
- Purgatory: The Attractive Impulse of His Burning Love
- An Eucharistic Miracle in Connecticut?
- Pope Francis in hospital 'with heart problems'
- Still Falls the Rain
- Why I Love You, O Mary! - a poem by St Thérèse of Lisieux
- Our Lady of La Salette: A Fearful Warning and a Prophecy
- Hermit of Loreto's 1980s Premonition About President Trump
- The Martyrs of Nowogrodek - on 01. August 1943, 11 Catholic nuns were murdered by the Gestapo
- Do the Prophecies of Saint Francis Explain It All?
Tag Archives: Martyrs of England and Wales
St John Plessington, pray for us!
Stained glass window at St Werburgh’s church, Chester, commemorating St John Plessington. The inscription on the window reads: “Blessed John Plessington. Priest and Chaplain to Edward Massey, Esquire, of Puddington Hall in the Hundred of Wirral. He was martyred on … Continue reading
4 May: Feast of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales
First posted by Fr Z on yesterday’s feast of the English and Welsh Martyrs: Today is the Feast of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales. There are, however, I believe really 284 beatified and canonized martyrs from the time … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged canonisation, Catholic Saints, Martyrs of England and Wales Leave a comment
St Edmund Campion’s Martyrdom
[Edmund Campion] was arraigned and indicted on 4 November 1581 at Westminster with treason -having conspired ‘to raise a sedition in the realm and dethrone the Queen.’ The trial was held on 20th November 1581. Continuing from PART ONE: [PART … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged Cdl. George Pell, Martyrs of England and Wales, Penal times, St Edmund Campion Leave a comment
A Prayer for England on the Feast of Our Lady of Walsingham
O Blessed Virgin Mary,Mother of Godand our most gentle Queen and Motherlook down with mercy upon England your Dowry, and upon us all who greatly hope and trust in you.By you it was that JesusOur Saviour and our hope,was given to … Continue reading
St John Plessington, pray for us!
St John Plessington, whose feast is today, 19th July, was beatified in 1929. He is one of two Shrewsbury saints to be canonised among the 40 martyrs of England and Wales in 1970, the other being St Margaret Ward. He is … Continue reading
The Martyrs of the Venerabile
On a recent visit to the English College in Rome, one of the seminary’s students showed us around the place, sprinkling our tour with anecdotes and historic accounts. Most memorable and moving was the visit to the beautiful and recently … Continue reading
You must be logged in to post a comment.